Playtime is an important time for kids to explore new interests and be proactive. However, sometimes you may run out of ideas for what activities to do with your little ones. Wondering how to make your kids playtime more fun and exciting? We’ve got you covered! In today’s article, we are going to show you how to D.I.Y. your own slime with your kids. Worry not; the ingredient in this article is safe for children to use. Have fun trying!
For making slime, the ingredients that you need are:
- 2 (4-ounce) bottles of washable school glue, such as Elmer’s
- 1 to 2 drops of liquid food colouring (optional)
- 1/4 cup glitter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of saline solution (i.e., contact lens solution),
- glass or plastic mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- airtight container for storage
- Mix the glue with food colouring in a medium bowl. Stir the mixture and add some glitter if desired.
- Add baking soda to the mixture and stir until the glue mixture is smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of contact lens solution to the mixture and stir slowly.
- Continue stringing until the mixture hardens and becomes stringy.
- Knead the mixture into a ball shape and work the slime between your two hands until it becomes smooth.
- If needed, add in ½ tablespoons of contact lens solution if the slime is slimy.
- Now you can play with the slime! Or store for future play.
- Hidden Figures: Fold small figures or cars into the slime and ask your children to find them.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Glitter glue slime: Glitter glue is a wonderful way to add glitter to your slime, and it is much less messy if you can find it. Skip the optional glitter called for here if using glitter glue.